After Sales Policy
- LIMITED WARRANTY
These temi After-Sales Policies (these “Policies”) only apply to Products you purchased from temi USA Inc. (“temi”) authorized retailers for your own use and not for resale.
By using your temi product (the “Product”), you agree to be bound by these Policies. If you are not eligible or do not agree to any of the Terms, do not use your Product. You may be entitled to a full refund of your purchase of the Product if you return the inactivated Product within Fourteen (14) days in accordance with the Part II of these Policies.
What is Covered
Under this Limited Warranty, temi warrants that each Product that you purchase will be free from material and workmanship defects under normal use in accordance with temi’s published Product materials during the Warranty Period. temi’s published Product materials include, but not limited to, user manuals, safety guidelines, specifications, in-app notifications, and service communications.
The Warranty Period for product and parts is for 12 months (“Warranty Period”), and starts on the day the Product is delivered, unless otherwise agreed upon between you and temi.
How to Obtain Warranty Service
If a Product does not function as warranted during the Warranty Period, you may obtain after-sales service by contacting temi’s local service center as provided in Part II of these Policies or through http://www.robotemi.com . You will need to provide a valid proof-of-purchase, receipt or order number (for temi Direct Sales) for the Warranty service.
Charges may apply for services not covered by this Limited Warranty. Please contact temi for information specific to your location.
Please note that the Warranty service is only available in the respective temi service regions where you purchased your Product.
What Will temi Do
temi will first attempt to diagnose and resolve your problem by telephone, e-mail or online chat. temi may direct you to download and install particular software updates.
If your problem cannot be resolved over the telephone or through the application of software updates, you may be required to deliver the Product to temi for further examination. temi will arrange for repair or replacement service at no cost if the problem falls under this Limited Warranty.
What This After-Sales Policy Does NOT Cover
This policy does not cover the following:
- Crashes or water or fire damage caused by non-manufacturing factors, including but not limited to temi falls or hit caused by you or other users of the Product.
- Damage caused by unauthorized modification, disassembly, or shell opening not in accordance with official instructions or manuals.
- Damage caused by improper installation of temi docking station, incorrect use, or operation not in accordance with official instructions or manuals.
- Damage caused by a non-authorized service provider.
- Damage caused by unauthorized modification of circuits and mismatch or misuse of the battery and charger.
- Damage caused by operation in humid environment (i.e. shower, outdoors, etc.)
- Damage caused by operating the Product carrying a weight greater than the weight allowed on the temi tray, as specified by instruction manuals.
- Damage caused by reliability or compatibility issues when using unauthorized third-party parts.
- Damage caused by operating the unit with a defective battery.
- Loss of, or damage to, your data by the Product.
- Any software programs, whether provided with the Product or installed subsequently.
- Damage resulting from any non-temi technical or other support, such as assistance with “how-to” questions or inaccurate Product set-up and installation.
- Products or parts with an altered identification label or from which the identification label has been removed.
Limitation of Liability
WHEN RECEIVING SERVICE UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, temi IS RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO YOUR PRODUCT ONLY WHILE IT IS IN temi’S POSSESSION OR IN TRANSIT, IF temi IS RESPONSIBLE FOR TRANSPORTATION.
temi IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSS OR DISCLOSURE OF ANY DATA, INCLUDING CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION, PROPRIETARY INFORMATION, OR PERSONAL INFORMATION, CONTAINED IN A PRODUCT.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN, SHALL temi, ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, RESELLERS, OR SERVICE PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING EVEN IF INFORMED OF THEIR POSSIBILITY AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE CLAIM IS BASED IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY: 1) THIRD PARTY CLAIMS AGAINST YOU FOR DAMAGES; 2) LOSS, DAMAGE OR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR DATA; 3) SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS REVENUE, GOODWILL OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS. WITHOUT DEROGATING FROM THE ABOVE-MENTIONED, IN NO CASE SHALL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF temi, ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, RESELLERS, OR SERVICE PROVIDERS FOR DAMAGES FROM ANY CAUSE EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF ACTUAL DIRECT DAMAGES, NOT TO EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE PRODUCT.
THE FOREGOING LIMITATION DOES NOT APPLY TO DAMAGES FOR BODILY INJURY (INCLUDING DEATH), DAMAGE TO REAL PROPERTY OR DAMAGE TO TANGIBLE PERSONAL PROPERTY FOR WHICH temi IS LIABLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
AS SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LIMITATION OF WARRANTY
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, temi DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING: (A) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT; AND (B) ANY WARRANTY ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE. temi ENTITIES AND ITS AFFILIATED DO NOT WARRANT, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN temi LIMITED WARRANTY, THAT THE PRODUCT, PRODUCT ACCESSORIES, OR ANY PORTION OF THE PRODUCT, OR ANY MATERIALS, WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
SHOULD SUCH WARRANTIES CANNOT BE DISCLAIMED, temi LIMITS THE DURATION AND REMEDIES OF SUCH WARRANTIES TO THE DURATION OF THIS EXPRESS WARRANTY AND, AT temi’S OPTION, THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT SERVICES PROVIDED IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY PROHIBIT A DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
Your Other Rights
This Limited Warranty provides you with extra and specific legal rights. You may have other rights according to the applicable laws of your state or jurisdiction. You may also have other rights under a written agreement with temi. Nothing in this Limited Warranty affects your statutory rights, including rights of consumers under laws or regulations governing the sale of consumer Products that cannot be waived or limited by agreement.
- GENERAL TERMS – RETURN POLICY
temi guarantees that, subject to the following conditions, Return & Refund Service, Replacement Service and Warranty Repair Service can be requested. Please contact temi for more details. You will be required to fill out a repair form, which should be sent to us along with the to-be-repaired unit.
You can request Return & Refund Service
Within Fourteen (14) calendar days of receiving a Product if the Product has a manufacturing defect.
You can request free cancellation until a shipping notice was sent to you from temi.
Return & Refund Service will not be provided where:
- It is requested beyond Fourteen (14) calendars days of receiving a Product.
- A Product sent to temi for Return & Refund Service does not include all original accessories, attachments or packaging, or any item is not in new or like-new condition, i.e. with cracks, dents or scratches.
- A legal proof of purchase, receipt or invoice is not provided or is reasonably believed to have been forged or tampered with.
- Any fault or damage of the Product that is caused by unauthorized use or modification of the Product, including exposure to moisture, entry of foreign bodies (water, oil, sand, etc.) or improper installation or operation.
- Product labels, serial numbers, waterproof marks, etc. show signs of tampering or alteration.
- Damage is caused to the Product by uncontrollable external factors, including fire, liquids.
- A Product is not delivered to temi within Fourteen (14) calendar days after Return & Refund Service confirmation is sent from temi.
- Other circumstances stated in this policy.
You can request Replacement Service:
Within Fourteen (14) calendar days of receiving a product if the product has no manufacturing defect and is still in new or like-new condition.
- Within Fourteen (14) calendar days of receiving the Product if the Product does not match the original description of the Product in one or more significant respects.
- Within Fourteen (14) calendar days of receiving the Product if the Product suffers performance failure.
Replacement Service will not be provided where:
- Service is requested more than Fourteen (14) calendars days after receiving a Product.
- Legal proof-of-purchase, receipts, or invoices are not provided, or are reasonably believed to have been forged or tampered with.
- A Product sent to temi for replacement does not include all original accessories, attachments and packaging, or contains items damaged by user error.
- A Product is found to have no defects after all appropriate tests are conducted by temi.
- Any fault or damage of the Product is caused by unauthorized use or modification of the Product, including exposure to moisture, entry of foreign bodies (water, oil, sand, etc.) or improper installation or operation.
- Product labels, serial numbers, water damage marks, etc. show signs of tampering or alteration.
- Damage is caused by uncontrollable external factors, including fires, liquids.
- Received Product has not been sent back to temi Fourteen (14) calendar days after replacement confirmation from temi.
- Proof of damage during transit issued by the carrier cannot be provided.
- Other circumstances stated in this policy.
What to do Before Obtaining After-sales Service
Before obtaining after-sales service, the following steps must be taken:
- Follow the procedures specified by temi as shown in the “temi General After-Sales Service Flow” part.
- Remove all data (factory reset), including confidential information, proprietary information and personal information, from the Product. Or, if you are unable to remove any such information, modify the information to prevent its access by another party or so that it is not personal data under applicable law. temi shall not be responsible for the loss or disclosure of any data, including confidential information, proprietary information, or personal information, on a Product returned or accessed for Warranty service.
- Provide temi with sufficient and safe access to your Product, so temi can provide service as needed.
- Remove all additional parts, alterations, and attachments not covered under Warranty.
- Ensure that the Product or part is free of any legal restrictions that prevent its replacement.
- If you are not the owner of a Product or part, obtain authorization from the owner for temi to provide Warranty service
Product and Part Replacement
When after-sales service involves the replacement of a Product or part, the replaced Product or part becomes temi’s property and the replacement Product or part becomes your property. Only unaltered Products and parts are eligible for replacement.
Replacement Products or parts provided by temi may not be new, but it will be in good working order and at least functionally equivalent to the original Product or part’s Warranty. A replacement Product or part shall be covered for the time remaining in the original Product’s Warranty.
Use of Personal Contact Information and Data
The Warranty Period for Return & Refund Service, Replacement Service and Warranty Repair Service may vary with respect to your Product, the part experiencing issues, or the country of purchase. Please refer to http://www.robotemi.com for the Warranty Period for your Product in your country.
You are responsible for shipping costs when sending Product(s) for return, repair or replacement.
temi will examine the returned Product(s) to identify the problem. If the problem qualifies for service under this policy, temi will bear the cost for refund, replacement, or repair and return the Product(s) at temi’s expense to you.
If temi determines that the issue in question is not covered by this temi After-Sales Policy, you will have to apply for Customer Paid Repair Service.
temi will not start repair until you agree to the cost for repair quoted by temi. If you disagree with the cost for repair, temi will return the Product(s) with you burdening the cost of return shipping.
Please note that Products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance. If any refurbished parts or units do not meet our quality assurance requirements, brand new parts or units will be issued. Any replaced parts may come with different serial numbers.
Please be aware that where a Product is capable of retaining user-generated data, such data may be lost during the repair process. We therefore recommend that you back up your data prior to any repair.
Products are covered under Warranty only if they are purchased from temi authorized dealers.
If a customer in Region A wants to send in their Products to a designated temi repair center in Region B without informing temi, the customs duty, customs clearance, and other costs incurred will be covered by the customer.
If the Product is water-damaged, its performance may be severely affected, and the Product will be beyond repair. Therefore, a replacement service is provided, instead of repair services, if the Product is sent in.
Before sending your Product for repair, please remove any customized decorations and items on it (including but not limited to decorative stickers, paintings, etc.). temi will not be responsible for any damage or loss that may occur to these customized decorations and items.
temi GENERAL AFTER-SALES SERVICE FLOW